Yield: 2 loaves
Preheat oven to 350°F
Butter and flour two 9x5x3 inch loaf pans
- 3 c. gluten-free flour mix (I’ve also played with subbing 1 1/2 c. coconut flour, I think almond flour would work here too)
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon (I really like cinnamon!)
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2- 2 c. raw sugar or honey (depending on sweetness level desired)
- 1 c. high oleic sunflower oil or organic butter
- 3 large eggs (room temp)
- 15 oz. (1 can) pure pumpkin
- 1 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
Sift first eight ingredients into a large bowl. In second bowl, beat sugar and oil to blend, and then add eggs and pumpkin. Mix well. Stir dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture in two additions, just until blended*. Add nuts, if desired.
Divide between loaf pans. Bake approximately 1 hour 10 minutes, or until tester inserted into center comes out clean. Transfer to racks and cool in pans for 10 minutes. Cut around sides of pan with a knife to loosen. Turn loaves onto rack to cool completely.
* on an honest/lazy note, I really put ALL the ingredients into the mixer and mix all at once.